Tuesday, November 22, 2011

AMVs FAQ - What are they ? How do I know what one is?


Soon we will be having an AMV Contest in our club and although some of us know what these magical pieces of anime-wonder are, there are still a large number of us still in the dark about the subject. So this post is just to give general info on what AMVs are.

Here is a little Q&A on AMVs, the contest rules will come LATER.

Q and A:

Q: So what does AMV stand for?
A: An "AMV" as its called is short for: Anime Music Video.

Q: Oh! I see those all the time, so how do I make one?
A: In Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, imovie or similar clip-editing software.

Q: Windows what? Sony who? Imacandcheese? Where do I get these things I've never heard of?
A: Most Windows computers will have Movie maker, if not you can download it off of Microsoft's website for free. Sony Vegas you can get free trials from Sony, and iMovie is standard with Mac Computers.

Q: What if I can't download one of those?
A: There are plenty of website-based video editors, like One True Media that will allow you to do about the same thing.

Q: Cool! So can I make a picture slide-show with music?
A: I'd prefer if you didn't, because that's not an AMV, really, its a slideshow with music.

Q: So, what kind of thing should I do?
A: Well, what do you think? Something like this is okay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0slhWiBVr4
Of course, this person is a bit of a pro, and is better at editing than most. But I think you get the idea. Stills are really a no-no same with Video game and live action clips. Music? As you can see, doesn't matter, but make sure it looks cool with what you've got!!

Got more questions? ASK AND OUR KNOWLEDGEABLE MEMBERS MAY BE ABLE TO ANSWER!

~ Sincerely your Anime Club President, Sarah D.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome, can't wait to work on my 1st 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get clips by converting Youtube videos, as well as downloading episodes, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the videos that I already have on my computer :3

    ReplyDelete